Wednesday 22 December 2010

Christmas Eve, Eve, Eve

Yes, I am that excited! I don't know what it is about Christmas but it gets me all giddy! As a child Christmas Eve was the longest night in history...I would wake up like 15 times a night, completely disheartened that it was only 30 minutes since I last woke up and checked the time! I have never grown out of this. Even at the age of 23 I would still wake up at 5am (the earliest time everyone else would allow me to get up, although I do remember a 4.30 once) I'd sneak into my brother and sisters rooms and flick their lights on and off to wake them up and then dash back to bed and pretend they had woken up first *cringe*

So now, I have an (almost) three year old, who I am proud to say has inherited my insane excitement and we are both awaiting Christmas like it can't come quick enough!

I was talking with my sister today...(inbetween singing Disney songs at FULL volume) about Christmas films. Here are a few I would love to see this festive season!


5. The Nightmare before Christmas. I just love the music! I'm a sucker for musicals.


4. Muppets Christmas Carol. A Christmas Staple, just magical!


3. Home Alone. I have watched this since I was little...again I love the music and of course the traps!


2. Elf. So. Much. Laughing. I love this, especially as it has the lovely Zooey Deschanel in it!



1. Santa Claus the Movie. I hope everyone has seen this...it's a must. So much magic and Christmas Spirit!



I will be making time to watch It's a wonderful life this year too. I have never seen it, have you? I feel like I should have watched this years ago! I'm excited!


What's on your list, any recommendations?


Love Danielle
xxx



3 comments:

  1. It's a Wonderful Life is a beautiful movie! My favorite holiday films include White Christmas - a great musical! and Prancer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the first person I've seen on blogger who knows about the Santa Claus Movie! I watch it every year. I think it is so magical!
    Definitely my favorite!!!

    amylouwhogirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this list! i always have to watch Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story during the holidays! So great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments. I will try to reply as soon as I can! xxx