Saturday 12 May 2012

On finding the time

Hi there,

I trawl the world of blogs quite a lot in my spare moments, to smile, to be inspired and to learn new things, and recently I have been having a funny feeling recently though and it took a while to realise what it was, but last week it dawned on me that it was a feeling that I was missing something. The thing that I was missing was my own blog, I haven't posted regularly for a long time and at first, it was ok. I had just taken on a new business and things were hectic.



























We moved house and I had a family to look after and after weighing up my options, the blog was the thing that had to give...only for a little while I said. The business grew and turned to a second franchise and most recently a third and boy did that mean putting in a lot of hours. I've been very lucky in the fact that I have a very supportive fiancé and family around me to tell me I'm doing ok and keep me motivated to always work harder. Work is still busy and as long as I work hard I hope it will get busier still but I have come to realise that in order for me to keep my passion as huge as it is now I also need to make time for other things. My two boys will tell you that I can often be found in the morning still on the sofa, fully dressed next to my laptop, sleeping or going off to make that next coffee at almost midnight. This has made me think about how to create and maintain a really good balance, with time for family, work, housework (ack) and also me time. It took almost 3 years for me to accept that it was ok to say 'I need some time for me' without feeling like the worst mama in the world! And guess what, life got a lot happier when I did!



























I want, so much to return to blogging but I feel like I need to focus it in a different direction. I LOVE handmade with all my heart and it will very much still be a core theme but I don't feel like I have the time enough to do as much crafting as I used to and so I want to blog about things that are important to me right now, so there will still be some handmade but also in the mix will be my family life, food and health and some home stuff too. I'm really excited to get back to regular posting and I hope all you guys that read like here too.

Here's to blogging,
Love Danielle
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments. I will try to reply as soon as I can! xxx